Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platforms today. It allows you to discover and save new ideas in the form of ‘Pins’. You can build a new profile, creative active boards, engage with the platform’s active users, and promote your ideas using Pinterest promoted pins. The potential of the social media channel Pinterest as an e-commerce platform was recognized years back. It was in 2015 that Shopify reported Pinterest as the second-most source of traffic from social media platforms to Shopify stores. Moreover, this social sharing platform reached 200 million monthly active users in September 2017, from 150 million in October 2016.
With the exponential rise in active users, now is the time to develop and integrate new Pinterest e-commerce strategy into your business plans. So let’s take a quick look at the 8 Tips that will help you promote your e-commerce business on Pinterest.
- Use The Pinterest Button On Your Website
It is highly recommended that you install the Pinterest pin button on your product pages and allow your website visitors to post images from your online store to Pinterest. Allowing visitors to ‘pin’ for you is a great Pinterest e-commerce strategy and can help drive brand awareness which in turn, can also increase the sales to your website. Moreover, these pins also serve as a great third-party endorsement to your business.
- Have a Good Business Profile
Pinterest allows you to create business accounts that allow you to showcase and promote your business to the potential customers. To gain maximum benefits from your business profile, make sure that you take following steps:
- Keep a clear and easily recognizable image of your logo as your Pinterest profile picture. You can also use the image of the best-selling products offered by you.
- Use your business name, and in-case, the business name is not well-known yet, you can use a short descriptive phrase that describes what you do or who you serve.
- Link your store/product page’s URL to Pinterest.
- Describe your business in a crisp and clear manner to your potential customers. You get about 160 characters to impart your business details and message to the users.
- It allows you to link your twitter account as well. It serves as a new channel for users to reach out to your business.
- Categorize Your Product Under Different Boards
Categorize the content of your Pinterest profile in the same way you would categorize your products on your e-commerce site. Create different boards to pin different categories of your products. Doing this will help users browse through your products with ease and helps them follow the boards of their interest. For example, if you own a women’s clothing store, you can create boards such as ‘Ethnic wear’, ‘Casual wear’, and ‘Office wear‘. This boosts user-experience and also helps you identify what products are in-demand.
- Optimize for Keywords
Keywords are vital to get featured in the search results. Do your research and use the right keywords to optimize your pins, descriptions, and board names. Do this right and you stand to gain huge traffic from the ‘search’ function.
- Buyable Pins
With the increase in a number of users that purchase through their mobile devices, it is a good time to use “Buyable Pins’ now. These pins provide a CTA button (purchase button), and the pricing details. Moreover, it allows you carry out transactions within the application itself. Pinterest can be integrated with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Demandware, IBM Commerce, and Magento.
- Pin From Multiple Sources
Pinterest allows you to pin images and videos from your website(s), blog-posts, products, and lookbooks. However, why limit yourself to that! Pin images, articles, and videos that you find online and is relevant to your business/product. You can re-pin items from Pinterest too.
- Store Future Pins on a Secret Board
While establishing buyer personas, you’ll gain insights into the times of the day your audience is active. Once you know what time your audience will be active, you can use tools that are at your disposable to schedule pins in advance. You can also use a secret pinboard to save pins that you may want to post later.
- Write Good Pin Descriptions & add Relevant Keyword In Your Description
Prepare description with content that is unique, informative and in context with the pin you’ve posted. It is recommended to avoid using promotional content in descriptions. Add the right and relevant keywords in your pin description to get featured in the search function more and increase your visibility.