Importance of Website Redesign Project Plan for Better User Experience
Web sites are your interface platform to meet clients, showcase your products and educate your stakeholders about your business. Your website needs a perfect combination of themes, content, call to actions, navigation and customer support to attract customers. Redesigning a website is technically simple but making it an exact fit for your business needs skill, experience, and research.
Plan to redesign a website should start from understanding what changes will benefit your business, help your customers and of course Google rankings. And like all other things in business, the budget for redesigning plan demands some compromises. But it’s always advisable to have a flexible budget as this is a form of investment you make to see your business fly high.
Let’s look at some of the important steps for a website redesign plan.
- Understand the concerns of your customers: whether it is about user friendliness or product information, your website needs to address everything to make it a seamless experience for customers. The website should have interlinks to enable customers to search, filter, select, order and receive products hassle free. Taking feedbacks from customers about their grievances is a good way to understand as to what needs to be done.
- Hire experts but be proactive: Web design experts are best at designing but no one understands your business better than you. So keep providing suggestions and engage with designers for improvements at every step. However, do not interfere in their creative space.
- Content is the key: Informative, engaging and organized content on the website enables the customers to make an informed decision about their purchase items. Professionals can help in producing appealing content, updated blog posts and navigation help inputs to guide the customers every step of the way.
- Compare with competitors: be creative and put up unique features on your websites. Compare with your competitors to analyze what could bring charm and make your website stand out in a competitive market.
- SEO and rankings: it’s important for your business to reach a wider audience and potential customers.Search engines optimized content, back linking and effective online marketing strategy can help your website appear on top of the Google keyword searches.
- Create mock-ups and take feedbacks: Before you set out the final version of the website live, it’s advisable to test it with a mock up model. You can step into the shoes of customers and other stake holders to figure out their point of view. It will be better if you can ask some customers to volunteer to give their valuable feedback.
- Checklist after the final website gets uploaded:
- Cross check all web pages for content, linking and other input/output options. Make sure they are working as tested during mock-ups.
- Make sure all old web links are redirected to the new website.
- Check for customer traffic and search results to ensure maximum business.
- Check for customer feedbacks for any difficulties or complaints.
Once everything is done, you are good to go. See your business achieve new heights and gain positive customer feedbacks for the smooth experience.
Share your valuable comments below and gets subscribe for SearchNative blog’s update.
Image Credit: Talkroute.com